Saturday, December 5, 2020

Always painting

Artists are always painting. Not true? Of course it's not. What I mean is if you are like me, you are always looking for subjects or reading and thinking about art. For me art thoughts never go away no matter what I am doing.


Most of the work is done in the mind long before it arrives on the canvas. I seldom sit down and just paint. I always have some idea or plan before I start. The idea could be years old and just coming to life now. The actual painting might not even resemble the idea when it's finished, but that doesn't matter. Some paintings have a mind of their own. Sometimes it's as if someone else has control of the brush.


Art thoughts pop up continually and photos and scraps are always being collected whether they get to the canvas or not. Artists are always thinking.


No comments:

Post a Comment