Saturday, December 5, 2020

Just do it

Too often we artists make notes and just file them away to be forgotten. This can be a waste of time plus a work of art that may have been quite successful never gets born. Overcome this by adopting the attitude to 'just do it'. I'm guilty of this very practice myself and as a result I have lots of work filed away that has never been born, so to speak. Just do it is the motto. You can surprise yourself with this attitude. Don't expect every piece of art to become a masterpiece. It won't happen. In fact we have more failures than successes. We learn from our failures in art and in life. Show me the person who never made a mistake and I'll show you the person who never did anything. So get bold. Just do it. You'll be glad you did.


No comments:

Post a Comment