Saturday, December 5, 2020

Something to think about

This painting in acrylics is an example of what I sometimes do after seeing an interesting home built in the eighteen hundreds. I didn't copy it. Rather I changed it and added window lights for colour. It is intended to be mysterious and that is why I chose it in the first place. To me the actual home has an heir of mystic about it and that's what grabbed me.

This painting was on display for several months along with some others. For some reason this one attracted the most attention. No buyers though.



It illustrates that it is not necessary to copy what you see exactly in order to achieve the atmosphere that brought you to it in the beginning. In fact an exact copy of the house would not have achieved the desired effect.


No comments:

Post a Comment